August 12, 2019
Welcome Back! We look forward to the start of another United Methodist Kids (UMKids) year. We will kick off the new year with a cookout and fishing at Sunbeam Farm on August 28th from 5:30 - 7:00pm. We invite children ages 3 - 6th grade to join us! Parents, we encourage you to stay and join in the fun.
For the first 8 weeks, our theme will be “Happy Campers”. During this time, the kids will learn about the importance of being a disciple, serving others, praising Jesus and so much more. We have a lot of fun lessons and activities planned this year. Each Wednesday night, we will meet in the Fellowship Hall for dinner starting at 5:30pm and end the night in small groups at 7:00pm. We will either be outside on the playground or downstairs in the classrooms.
Preschool (3 year olds - 5 year olds)
2nd - 3rd Grade
4th - 6th Grade
5:30 Dinner (Fellowship Hall)
6:00 Opening Assembly
Preschool - 1st Grade will meet in classroom downstairs
2nd - 6th Grade will meet in sanctuary
6:30 Small Group Sessions by age groups
We are including a calendar of events/activities planned through December. Some of these activities/events are for the older groups and some include all UMKids. If your child is below the age of 2nd grade, parents must plan on going to the activity that is planned.
· 28th – First Meeting - Cookout & Fishing at Sunbeam Farm (5:30pm – 7:00pm)
· 21st – Saturday Outing to Billy Graham Library (more information will come home about this as we get closer to the event)
October - we will begin collecting items for Operation Christmas (shoeboxes)
· 9th – small toys & stuffed animals
· 16th – Hygiene Items: Soap, toothbrush, wash cloths (No toothpaste)
· 23rd – Socks, hats, sunglasses, flip-flops, gloves
· 27th – Trunk or Treat
· 30th – Combs, hairbrushes, bows, accessories
• 10th – Bowling (Penn Station in Newton) more information will come home about this as we get closer to the event
• 20th – Pack Shoeboxes ( we are asking for Parents to come help with this)
• 27th - No UMKids
· 1st – Sunday – First Light Dinner at Church ( 3rd - 6th Graders will help serve dinner – more information will come home about this as we get closer to the event)
· 4th – Christmas Play Practice
· 6th – Christmas Play Practice after School from 3:00pm – 6:00pm ( we will get kids from school and feed snack before beginning practice)
· 7th – Shop for Need Family (3rd - 6th graders only)
· 8th – Christmas Play – 11am worship service
· 18th – No UMKids
· We will resume in 2020
We will begin our weekly meetings at the church on Wednesday, September 4, at 5:30 at the church. Below are special events scheduled in 2019.
In addition to the above dates, we will meet each Wednesday at 5:30
for our regular scheduled programs.